For the next three weeks, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties will be affected by the governor’s modified health order. The governor is requiring the closure of indoor operations at
- Dine-in restaurants
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Family entertainment centers and movie theaters
- Zoos and museums
- Breweries, bars, and pubs (ALL, including outdoor)
As our state continues to navigate the many challenges due to COVID-19, I’m doing my part by removing obstacles for small businesses and helping constituents during the pandemic. Last week, the Senate approved my legislation to help Californians during COVID-19
- SB 922 – Protect individuals, businesses, and governments from cybercrimes
- SB 1196 – Combat price gouging during a declared state of emergency
- SB 1123 – Protect seniors and dependent adults from abuse
- SB 1457 – Help small businesses get through the pandemic by providing regulatory relief
I’m also hosting a teleconference on COVID-19 on Wednesday, July 8 at 2:00PM and invite you to participate. Our guest speakers include experts from L.A. County Department of Public Health, U.C. Irvine, and CVS Health. There is limited capacity for this call and those who wish to participate must RSVP here.
Due to the volume of callers we are expecting, live questions will not be possible. Please submit any questions you may have for our guests to Senator.Chang@senate.ca.gov.
As always, your well-being is my top priority. Please do not hesitate to email me or call 714-671-9474 if you need assistance.
Ling Ling Chang
COVID-19, By The Numbers
As of June 30, there have been 4,254,176 tests conducted in California and reported to the California Department of Public Health. The Department is now reporting all tests reported in California, rather than the total number of individuals tested.
More information at cdph.ca.gov/covid19.