The California Department of Education has provided guidance for local schools in their response to COVID-19.
Student Loan Interest Suspension
The federal government has waived interest on all student loans held by federal government agencies until further notice.
More information on your child’s school can be on found on the district website:
- Anaheim Elementary School District
- Anaheim Union High School District
- Brea Olinda Unified School District
- Buena Park School District
- Centralia School District
- Chino Valley Unified School District
- Cypress School District
- Fullerton Joint Union School District
- Fullerton School District
- La Habra City School District
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Pomona Unified School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Savannah School District
- Walnut Valley Unified School District
- West Covina Unified School District
- Orange County Department of Education: Community Update
- Los Angeles County Office of Education: COVID-19 Resources for Schools
- San Bernardino County: Press Release from Ted Alejandre, Superintendent of Schools
- Due dates for borrowed materials will automatically be extended, no late fines will be assessed, and customers can return materials when the Library reopens.
- As of March 18th, the LA County Library is offering temporary digital cards for digital resources for 90 days. With the temporary card you can access e-books, audiobooks, magazines, movies and TV streaming, homework help, online classes, and more. Fill out this form.
- Library Access from Home 24/7: All you need is your library card number and PIN. Read eBooks and listen to audiobooks on OverDrive or Libby. Stream movies and TV shows on Kanopy and Hoopla. Check out digital magazines via RBdigital. Stream music on Freegal.
- Spectrum Broadband: 60 days free Wi-Fi For New K-12/College Student Households
- L’il Libros: free worksheets for kids
- PBS Socal: free, educational PBS daytime programming designated for Pre-K through 12 grade weekdays, also here
- FB Group for parents to get support with home learning
- MIND Research Institute: free math instructional program for students in grades K-8
- Scholastic: free, online learning experiences for kids of all ages
- ReadyRosie: texts/emails ideas for family engagement tips & early learning
- Tumble Book Library: an online collection of animated and talking picture books
- Brainfuse: Kids and learners of all ages can get one-on-one homework help and tutoring from 12 – 10 pm every day
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at (714) 671-9474.