Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals at school will get extra food benefits. These food benefits are called Pandemic EBT or P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits help families in California buy food when schools are closed because of the coronavirus emergency.
Families will get up to $365 per eligible child on their P-EBT card to use on food and groceries.
Families with children who get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply. Most will get their P-EBT card in the mail during the month of May. P-EBT cards will begin arriving around May 12, 2020.
Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by about May 22, 2020 must apply online before June 30, 2020. Apply online at ca.p-ebt.org.
Resources by school districts
- Anaheim Elementary School District
- Anaheim Union High School District
- Brea Olinda Unified School District
- Buena Park School District
- Centralia School District
- Chino Valley Unified School District
- Cypress School District
- Fullerton Joint Union School District
- Fullerton School District
- La Habra City School District
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Pomona Unified School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Savannah School District
- Walnut Valley Unified School District
- West Covina Unified School District
For our information on nutrition for seniors, please visit our “Resources for Seniors” page.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to call my office at 714-671-9474.