For the most up-to-date, accurate information, please consult the following:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Español - 繁體中文 - Tiếng Việt
- World Health Organization
- FEMA Rumor Control
- Social Security Fraud Warning
- California Attorney General Warning on Fraudulent Charities
Statewide COVID-19 Hotline: 833-544-2374
Legislative Actions and Update:
On March 30, 2020, Senator Chang introduced new legislation that would expand paid family leave benefits for all parents caring for children whose schools are closed during the coronavirus pandemic. (CLICK HERE for the full article)
Senator Chang voted for emergency legislation to support up to $1B for schools, local government, hospital equipment, child care facilities, and seniors as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19. (CLICK HERE for the full article)
For more news updates on Senator Chang’s efforts to help stop the spread of COVID-19, please click here.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act is a federal economic relief bill that will allocate a historic $2.2 trillion to support individuals and businesses affected by COVID-19. Specifically, his bill has implications designed to help distressed and small businesses, individuals, taxes, health care, education. If you would like more information on this bill, you can reach out to your federal representative here or read more on the bill here.
Governor Newsom has authorized local governments to halt all eviction notice procedures to help prevent anyone from being evicted if you can prove that your lack of payment is a direct result of the COVID pandemic. More information on this order can be found here.
OnwardCA is a one-stop resource for the people of California impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Small Business Relief: Governor Newsom has unveiled a series of new resources to aid small businesses and help California workers who have lost work due to COVID-19.
- Federal Loans: CA small businesses can apply for a loan from the federal government for up to $10 million.
- Loan Guarantees: Governor Newsom has also announced $50 million in loan guarantees for small businesses that may not be eligible for federal relief.
- Unemployment Resources: The State has launched a website providing resources for those impacted by job loss during the COVID-19 pandemic. Check it out here.
- Defer Taxes: California is also allowing small businesses to defer payment of sales and use taxes of up to $50,000 for up to 12 months.
No Water Shutoffs: Governor Newsom has also ordered a moratorium on water shutoffs for residents and critical businesses. Read More.
Driver's License Extension: Californians 70 or older with an upcoming expiring drivers license will receive a 120-day extension, officials have announced.
Stay At Home Order
On March 19, 2020, Governor Newsom announced a statewide order for all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors.
Essential industries remaining operational include those such as:
- Food & Agriculture
For more information on essential industries, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at (714) 671-9474.