The Small Business Administration's (SBA) has a low interest Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL) that provides up to $2 million of financial assistance (actual loan amounts are based on amount of economic injury) to small businesses or private, non-profit organizations that suffer substantial economic injury as a result of the declared disaster, regardless of whether the applicant sustained physical damage.
For more information, please call 1-800-659-2955 or email DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov.
To contact OC/Inland Empire District Office, call (714) 550-7420, or contact SBA’s OC/IE’s Deputy Director Christopher Lorenzana at Christopher.Lorenzana@sba.gov or call (714) 560-7453.
For LA County SBA assistance, click here.
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. The SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities. The PPP For Small Business Owners. Here is information on PPP from Chase bank and Bank of America.
The Council of Development Finance Agencies COVID-19 Resource Center has a collection of financing programs and resources to aid disaster relief and recovery.
For Federal Financing Programs, click here.
For State Financing Programs in California, click here.
Labor and Workforce Development Agency: Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Resources for Employers and Workers
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – FAQs on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office.
From Cal/OSHA: Workplace safety and health regulations in California require employers to protect workers exposed to airborne infectious diseases such as the coronavirus. Cal/OSHA has posted guidance to help employers comply with these safety requirements and to provide workers information on how to protect themselves.
- US Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- America’s Small Business Development Center Network Resource Guide
- Daily Small Business Development Center Calls
- California Capitol Access Program (CalCAP) for small business
- IBank Small Business Finance Center
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employees to Respond to COVID-19.
- OSHA Guidance to Protect Workers from Coronavirus.
- Los Angeles City Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- LA County’s Department of Consumer & Business Affairs’ Office of Small Business: price gouging investigations, wage enforcement, complaint intake, consumer education, and eviction and foreclosure prevention assistance.
- Rapid Response: averting potential layoffs
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Forbes List of Banks offering Relief to Customers Affected by COVID-19
- San Bernardino County Workforce Development Board
- Gianneschi Center for Nonprofit Research Podcast on Loan Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program & FAQs
- SBDC Resources for Small Businesses
- Go-BIZ FAQ for Small Businesses
- State of California Labor & Workforce Development Agency Letter on UI for Gig Workers
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office at (714) 671-9474.